Accelerometer Calibration Failed

I upgraded the firmware of my Pixhawk px4 to version 3.3.3. Since then the drone won’t arm. It shows that the accelerometer is not calibrated.

When I attempt to calibrate the accelerometer using Mission Planner or Tower this is what happens:

It prompts to place the drone on a level surface and press any key. I place the drone level and click next.
It then prompts to place the drone on its left side and press any key, but it does not wait for that key press. After about on second it then prompts to place the drone on the right side and press any key. I place the drone on the right side and click next.
It then prompts to place the drone pointing down and press a key, but once again it does not wait for that key press. It moves straight on to placing the drone facing up. I place the drone facing up and press a key.
it then prompts to place the drone on its back and press a key. Once more it does not wait for a key press it just returns “Calibration Failed”.

I have tried this both wirelessly and via usb with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first drone so this is all new to me.

I am using mission planner 1.3.38.

i unplugged everything and was able to calibrate the accelerometer.

Hi

I’m in this situation ad it seems this is one of the Pixahwks chronic diseases. When you say you unplugged everything and it worked, what did you exactly unplug? I have one completely bare Pixhawk on compass is on it and GPS but fails all the time. Please anyone, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

DI

Due to the changes happening with the FW it is important that you have the latest versions of GCS.

I would recommend that you also look at updating your FW to the latest versions as 3.4 is now released.

Thanks, actually I unplugged the compass and surely it worked, I did this on two Pixhawks that failed prior to disconnection no matter how hard I tried. But just after isolating the compass, it all went well.

I am having having the same problem. I keep getting accelerate failed. It fails at different points in the positioning - some times right away sometimes at the end. I have tried two totally separate Pixhawks. I have tried disconnecting most every thing. I have reloaded MP and the firmware.
I have spent about a month on this problem. Any advice?

Try unplugging everything.

I have seen this in the past on USB and it was due to the voltage dropping too much.
In my case it was a dodgy USB cable.

On the last instruction, when it says “place unit back”. It does not mean, place it back & level, it actually means “place the vehicle on it’s back”. i.e. turn it upside down.
I struggled for ages until trying this.

3 Likes

See this I solved my problem by disableing imu 2 as it had some strange readings and thus my imu2 was damaged for no reason

You just saved me hours of torture!! I have been struggling since ages!! Thanks a lot.

1 Like