AC3.2-rc1 Known Issues & Release Notes

I tried using the latest version of MinimOSD-Extras today and the Copter 3.2 release doesn’t have gps information or battery voltage… I checked and the current version of plane does… This happened once before and I cant seem to find what caused that…

I noted today (2.11.15) when I hooked my Hex to Mission Planner I was ask if I wanted to update from AC3.2 to 3.2.1. What are the changes or updates in 3.2.1 over 3.2.
thanks Larry

I have AC3.2-1 firmware loaded and got garbage from the serial terminal connection. 3.1.5 worked fine with same exact hardware and computer setup.
I am trying to test a Optical Flow Sensor Board, (The mouse one) can any body help me?

[quote=“OAPpilot”]I have AC3.2-1 firmware loaded and got garbage from the serial terminal connection. 3.1.5 worked fine with same exact hardware and computer setup.
I am trying to test a Optical Flow Sensor Board, (The mouse one) can any body help me?[/quote]

I’m assuming you have an apm and not a pixhawk.
It’s been mentioned a few times now that cli was removed from 3.2 onwards on apm.

Yes it’s an APM 2.5 board, my question was how do I test it now that it cli has been removed?

I’ve discovered a bug in the AP_Mission command management and I can’t find a reference to it in the forum. I was hoping to either educate people of the bug, or be directed to a way around it.

tldr; The first command saved to storage never gets read. AP_Mission always starts mission sequences at 0, when read from storage 0 is treated as a special index.

If you follow the suggested state machine for setting mission commands: qgroundcontrol.org/mavlink/waypoint_protocol … You’ll notice that the AP_Mission sends a MISSION_REQUEST with a sequence which starts at 0. When the requested sequence is received, the index is not modified to fit the AP_MISSION_FIRST_REAL_COMMAND. It’s written to index 0 in function write_cmd_to_storage . Notice that all mission functions rely on function read_cmd_from_storage which purposefully skips index 0. So I never read command 0. I see this in reality because my UAV never goes to the first waypoint.

Does anyone have a solution other than repeat the first waypoint twice?

Two things related to 3.2.1…
I have activated Thr fail safe to RTL on MP and on the Fr Sky Rx, but if I switch the Tx off with no GPS detected (indoors) MP shows Loiter in flight mode…Is that because of the lack of GPS or have I not set it up properly?
Also I’m suddenly getting no heartbeat on Telemetry port 1 (3DR radio was working fine).
Port 2 is showing Telemetry fine (OSD). Any assistance appreciated.
Thanks DP