3DR Pixhawk Mini?

Does anyone know if the Pixhawk Mini even works with the Arducopter firmware for a quadcopter. I recently got one of these and it works well with the PX4 flightstack, but it constantly throws the error with the APM:Copter V3.4.5 firmware. If it is not currently supported, does anyone know if support is in the near future?

Thanks for any insights.

You need 3.5 for using Pixhawk Mini.

1 Like

In both qGC and APM Flight Planner 2.0, V3.5 doesn’t seem to be an option for X frame. It is my understanding that quad frames are working on 3.5 but it only allows me to use helicopter. Please let me know if I’m just being dense.

You’ll need to report it in their issues list. Our firmware is published here: http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/PX4/ You want v2 for your Mini.

Thanks for all the answers. =) Skipped the 3DR Mini and went for Pixhawk 2.1 Pro (two of them should arrive any day now, second batch). One will be working with Here+ RTK GNSS the other with the standard Here.

Clone is a word I use on those really cheap controllers that dont even have QC or guarantees and costs a fourth of a more reliable manufacturer. When you almost dont find any information on a “clone” on the web, then its not interesting to me. But, maybe the word clone shouldnt be used if it isnt a copy of another product, maybe it is a product the manufacturer have been designing themselves, I dont know.

A friend of mine have received Pixhawk in a nice box from one webshop and also received a Pixhawk in a plastic bag from another webshop. Are both pure 3DR Pixhawks? They look identical and have those small cards with information.

And me and the same friend have some APM 2.6’s… some with 2.6 on the top and others with a sticker 2.6. I have also had a APM with different ArduPilot-text on it. They have different color on the PCB as well. I dont know which ones are real anymore. :slight_smile: The all have the ecaxtly same case/box but different inside.

If I buy a controller and I like it, I may want another identical one, but that may be impossible if it is sold out in a webshop.